- Category: Products
- Published on Saturday, 25 August 2012 07:16
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 6604
Emil I Bohach
Classifieds Redux component for Joomla and
An enhanced classified ads manager, with the following features:
- 2 payment features, PayPal and direct payment to administrator using smart phone card swipe technology.
- Allows advertisers to create an ad and setup digital media to be downloaded with payments going directly to the advertiser
- Comments can be added to ads via jComments or Komento components (free plugins available).
- RSS feeds now available for all ads, ads of a specific category or ads of a specific ad owner.
- Joom Social and Community builder integration (free plugins available).
- Categories can be restricted for viewing and/or posting to certain groups or to a specific group, this allows for specific menus to only be seen by certain groups (such general public, registered users, dealers, wholesalers, etc.)
- Individual fields can also be restricted to certain groups or a specific group to be viewed and/or posted.
- Recurring/Subscription payment capability, defined globally or based on category.
- Mulitple levels of sub-categories allowed.
- Fees can be set at the field level (ie. charge for URL links, video links, etc.).
- Embed YouTube videos within the ad.
- Variable number of free and/or paid images per ad either globally or by category and/or sub-category.
- with Featured Ads module installed can include featured items at top of lists and highlighted.
- Up to 5 terms/durations and costs for each category and sub-category.
- Full demo data included for new installations.
- Built in Google mapping, to the street address level.
- Improved image resizing to eliminate distortion, will handle jpg, gif, png, animated gif images and gif images with transparent backgrounds.
- Variable number of free and/or paid images (for a total of 20) can be set in the admin configuration globally and for each category and sub-category.
- Cart payment system to make one payment for all items fo an ad.
- Ability to restrict (set a disclaimer) for a category (IE. over 13 only).
- Numerous additional configuration parameters to eliminate the need for custom modifications.
- Management can post or update ads from the front or backend without requiring payment or Captcha entry.
- Management can set/alter the start and end dates or assign a user to an ad either in the front end or back.
- SEO/SEF tested.
- Captcha verification when submitting new ads.
- Captures submitting users IP address.
- Currently language files exist for English (US and GB), French (translation provided by Valerie & Martin Lehmann), Italian, German and Spanish, more will be added as needed.
- Added a tag to indicate Featured Items in addition to or instead of highlighting
- change the fixed formatting of the Trade Type and Mark as Sold fields to allow placement in any position and/or column for list and detail displays
- description field name has been changed from ad_text to ad_descript, conflict with advanced search form with Firefox (Chrome and IE functioned correctly)
- revised multi-column list display for uniformity
- description field name has been changed from ad_text to ad_descript conflicted with advanced search form with Firefox (Chrome and IE functioned correctly)
- improved image handling for newer versions of Apache and PHP
- Drag n Drop for images for uploading
- minor code cleanup
- improved SEF routing
- corrected advanced search bug
- improved plugin list display for Community Builder (be sure to download version 1.1 of the plugin also)
- drag and drop feature for re-ordering Joomla 3.0 admin lists.
- changed RSS image now displays above the detail info inline with email a friend and flag as inappropriate buttons.
- new parameters to allow default button styling instead of custom
- new ad detail display layout format to allow multiple columns.
- Google maps on detail ad displays now offer directions to allow smartphone and tablet users information on the go.
- support of Joomla 1.5 has now been dropped, the old Classifieds Redux version, frozen at 4.2, is available for those in the process of upgrading their sites from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5.
- NEW totally revised layout for list display and detail display. Allows the webmaster complete versatility in placing fields in any location. List columns can be re-arranged without code modifications. Ad detail displays can also be arranged without code modifications. Less than 15 minutes to apply each change.
- Please view the tutorials videos prior to installation:
- List columns change tutorial: Columns Change tutorial
- Ad display positions change tutorial: Positions change tutorial
- Joomla 3.0+ support
- RSS feeds now available for all ads, ads of a specific category or ads of a specific ad owner
- Comments can now be added to ads via jComments or Komento
- new param to use either name or userid or both or neither in the details display link to the owners profile and ads
- new params to allow/disallow display of buttons for email a friend and flag as inappropriate
- When editing an ad the headline will be set as readonly to avoid SEF/SEO conflicts
- search functions now allow for better text search, can search for any words in any order or a specific set of words
- Viewing and/or posting ads can be restricted by category to certain group levels ( registered and above, authors and above, or editors and above, or publishers and above, etc.)
- Also ads can be viewed and/or posted exclusively to a specific group, this allows one to set up a specific menu for a group that only they will see.
- And individual fields can also be restricted to groups or exclusive to a group to be viewed and/or posted.
- Ad payments can now display a graph (in the admin back end) reflecting monthly income for a user or all users. This will be added for a user for display in the front end shortly.
If you feel that I have put out a good product please leave a positive review on the Joomla Extensions Directory.
Classifieds Redux is based on the original adsmanager component from Thomas Papin. There is no connection between this author (E. I. Bohach) and Thomas Papin. Nor is there any connection between this website eibconsult.com and joomprod.com. Adsmanager is a copyright of Thomas Papin. Any use of the name (adsmanager) is strictly for information purposes.